10 reasons why Goregaon, Malad and Kandivali will be destination for residents
05 May 2016
With the real estate prices having touched the skies in the town-side of Mumbai, western suburbs are slowly proving to be place where people are heading for getting ‘value for money’ with their homes! Ultimately, no one wishes to spend their entire savings in buying a home, and then, struggling to meet the expensive standards of living that people in the town-side of Mumbai have to resort to. What the common man needs is easy access to public transport, hospitals, schools, colleges, parks, malls, supermarkets, etc. to make the location of their homes an ideal one! Most of these needs of any home buyer are easily met in the western suburbs of Mumbai, especially areas from Goregaon to Borivali (including Malad and Kandivali).
Once you buy a home, your expenses only keep increasing as you add your regular maintenance costs, parking charges, club membership fees, gym fees, etc. And if you have to take your car out for buying the daily groceries or milk or medicines, then, you are not staying at a place that has good connectivity. So, what factors work in favour of the areas like Goregaon, Malad and Kandivali, that you should buy your ideal home in these localities of Mumbai? Let’s check out the top 10 reasons below:
- The western suburbs of Mumbai is connected to the town-side through one of the best modes of transport, i.e. Western Railway trains. These trains arrive after every 2-3 minutes and so you can easily reach your destination in the town-side of Mumbai (upto Churchgate) or even the backside of Mumbai (upto Virar). Another significant mode of transport available in these areas is autorickshaws, apart from the normal taxis, and BEST buses.
- There are various food hotspots in these areas, right from fine dining outlets (180 degrees at Grand Sarovar Premier, or Kangan at West Inn), to sports pubs (Pope Tates, Warehouse Kitchen Sports Lounge), to family restaurants (Zaffran, Greens, Copper Chimney, Made in Punjab, Northern Tadka, Cream Centre, Pride Inn), to multi-cuisine restaurants (Flags, Slice of Lime), to takeaway outlets (Sandwizza, WTC Pasta, Borivali Biryani Centre), to fast food corners or hotels (Aditi, Alka Vihar, Shree Devi), and so on.
- There are many schools offering top quality education for children across different boards. For example, DJ Khaitan school, VIBGYOR school, Lakshadham school, Witty Kids International school, Universal High School, Orchid International, Ryan International, and so on.
- There are many good quality colleges for different streams like Science, Commerce, Arts, etc. Some of the renowned colleges in these areas are Patkar college, Durgadevi Saraf college, Thakur college, N.L. college, and so on.
- The Mindspace area on Malad link road is a hub of several IT companies, financial companies and even BPOs. It would be a dream for many to have your office just on the backyard of your home.
- Easy and quick access to famous supermarkets like Hypercity, D-Mart, Reliance Fresh, etc. Your daily grocery needs can be easily taken care of. Also, you have Big Bazaar at Infinity 2 mall in Malad. For those who like to buy fresh fruits and vegetables from the local vendors, there are many in all these areas, including special access to the much spoken about ‘Somwari Bazaar’ area of Malad (where you can buy cheapest fruits and vegetables of your choice every Monday).
- Presence of numerous hospitals, maternity clinics, and 24x7 medical shops in each of these areas, enable you to keep your medical worries away.
- These western suburbs localities of Mumbai are known for their ‘Go Green’ parks such as Liberty Garden, Inorbit gardens, Adarsh garden, Evershine garden, and so on. A garden near PVR cinemas that lie at the border of Malad and Kandivali area even has fountain show (with water lights) every week.
- These are one of the rarest localities in Mumbai that give you a feel of travelling outside the city by their access to less crowded beaches of Aksa, Manori, Gorai, etc. These are much cleaner and more enjoyable as compared to the commercial beaches of Mumbai like Santacruz Juhu, or Chowpatty. Also, it has easy accessibility to Sanjay Gandhi National Park and Kanheri caves in Borivali, which are beautiful locales for weekend outings or holiday outings with kids and adults alike.
- These areas experience celebration of festivals of all types – be it Diwali, Holi, Makar Sankranti, Navratri, Christmas (Orlem area in Malad), Dahi Handi, etc. There are variety of temples, masjids, gurudwaras, churches, etc. in these areas that cater to requirements of people belonging to different beliefs.
In a nutshell, the Malad, Goregaon and Kandivali areas of Mumbai are so self-fulfilling, that people living here do not feel the need to go to any other parts of Mumbai. These have easy access to almost everything that you will need in your daily life, and you can enjoy spending more time with your family at home, or in the nearby areas.